Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Beginning ...

I bought my wife an Apple iPad2 about a month ago.

She hasn't put it down since.

When the release announcements of the Kindle Fire came out, I liked what I was seeing.

A tablet-like device for $200, or 40% of the cost of an iPad.

Apple does charge a premium for their stuff and they get away with it as it is perceived to be "cool". Candidly, I'd rather have the $300 savings and forgo the "cool" label.

I teach college classes and this would provide a conveniently luggable device to help with classes.

It would be nice to use this where I work, but I don't think it will initially work. I would need a citrix client loaded to access my desktop. Citrix does have a linux based client (I use this on my Dell NetBook) AND the Kindle Fire uses the Android OS (Linux based), but I'm not expecting too much to begin with ...

No comments:

Post a Comment